F17 FORMPLY Developed for Australian Conditions
Our Quality Philosophy
Crosbe F17 Formply has been developed specifically for Australian conditions. Made from mixed veneers including a hardwood eucalyptus core, poplar face veneers and a phenolic film overlay, it delivers superior results.
Independently certified and carrying the Benchmark Product Certification Mark to AS 6669-2016 under the internationally recognised JAS-ANZ accredited quality control program, it is ideal for general formwork such as decks, pre-cast and tilt-up panel construction.
Rigorous quality testing ensures its durability and allows for multiple uses of one panel. This, plus its wide application, saves on material management costs.
Formply is manufactured from wood veneers glued with synthetic adhesives and overlayed with phenolic impregnated papers (also called phenolic surface films or ‘plastic face’). With the right care you can extend the life of your Formply by:
- Storing panels undercover, on levelled ground
- Never wrapping panels in plastic
- Protecting panels from prolonged contact with water. The phenolic surface is water resistant, not water proof and excess moisture will cause swelling and board twist
- Storing the panels away from direct sunlight. Excess exposure to sun, heat and dry weather will induce warp, twist, drying and shrinking to the upper surface
- While panels are delivered with all edges covered in edge paint to reduce moisture penetration, if panels are cut or drilled all new edges must be resealed with a suitable acrylic-based paint prior to pouring
- Use a release agent to reduce water absorption and assist in the stripping of formwork
- Fill gaps between veneers with putty and seal edges
- Fasten panels from the back to avoid surface damage
- Inspect decks prior to pouring, with any distorted sheets likely to cause surface imperfections nailed and screwed flat
- Clean panels carefully, using plastic or nylon tools to avoid damage
- Use soapy water to de-grease the surface
- Repair small scratched with a suitable mastic
- Fill deeper scratches, nail and screw holes with a mastic or epoxy filler